David Tennant has another radio program. The first of a three episode program, The Great Scott: The Fair Maid of Perth airs on BBC Radio 4 Sunday 14th April at 3pm. David Tennant plays Walter Scott.
Other members of cast include:
- Morven Christie as Catherine Glover
- Hugh Ross as her father
- Bryan Larkin as Henry Smith
- Clive Russell as King Robert
- Kenneth Cranham as The Earl of March
- Forbes Masson as Oliver Proudfoot
- Callum O’Neil as Conachar
- Olivia Morgan as Louise the minstrel
- Richard Hansell as a citizen
- David Tennant plays Walter Scott.
The series is produced by Clive Brill of A Pacificus Production for BBC Radio 4
A beautiful glover’s daughter is romantically pursued by a warmongering blacksmith, a poetising prince, a hot-headed clansman and a bumbling bonnet-maker in lawless 14th century Scotland.
In Walter Scott’s The Fair Maid of Perth, feeble King Robert III is failing to stop his beloved country being torn apart by warring clans and pillaging nobles – chaos reigns supreme and when the heroine, Catharine Glover, suffers heartbreak and tragedy at the hands of the vengeful Earl of March, a terrible dilemma presents itself. Should she follow the dictates of her heart by marrying the man she loves – or should she obey her father’s wish and shun a world of ‘hard iron and barbaric cruelties’ by betrothing herself to Christ?