Character: Kevin Thompson/Zebediah(?) Kilgrave
- Series 1: 13 Episodes – begins November 20, 2015
- Channel: VoD Netflix
- Production Company: Tall Girls Productions, Marvel Studios for ABC Studios & Netflix
- Writers: Brian Bendis, Melissa Rosenberg
- Executive Producers: Melissa Rosenberg, Jeph Loeb
- Director: David Petrarca – 2 episodes
- Producers: Tim Iacofano, Kevin Feige
- Cinematographer (DoP): Manuel Billeter
- Production Designer: Loren Weeks
- Key Construction Grip: Matthew Guarriello
- Best Boy Construction Grip: Shawn Mulligan
- Assistant Property Master: Jessica Panuccio
- Krysten Ritter – Jessica Jones
- David Tennant – Zebediah Kilgrave/Purple Man
- Mike Colter – Luke Cage
- Rachael Taylor – Trish Walker
- Carrie-Anne Moss – Jeri Hogarth
- Eka Darville – Malcolm Drake
- Erin Moriarty – Hope Schlottman
- Leslie Lyles – Maureen
- Wil Traval – Wil Simpson
- Scott Martin – Bar Patron
Jessica Jones features a former super-heroine from the Marvel universe. After a traumatic incident in her life, Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter) decides to leave the super-hero world and becomes a private investigator New York City. But villainous Kilgrave (David Tennant), an enigmatic figure from her past reappears and send shock waves through her world. During the course of an investigation Jones also meets Luke Cage (Mike Colter), a man of super strength and durability, the result of a sabotaged experiment. He’s a wrongly accused escaped convict who has now become a superhero for hire.
The series is developed by Executive Producer/Show runner Melissa Rosenberg. Melissa Rosenberg also writes a number of the episodes with famed comic book writer Brian Bendis.
“I’m so honored and excited by the prospect of David inhabiting this multifaceted character,” said Rosenberg. “He can deliver the most heart-wrenching moment to the driest of lines, and all points in between. He’ll make Kilgrave a truly original villain.”
“Anyone familiar with David’s work knows he brings an incredible level of dedication to any role he inhabits, a level we knew we would need from the man playing Kilgrave,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer/Marvel’s Head of Television. “While most know him for his roles as a hero, we can’t wait to unleash a whole new side of this talented actor.”
An enigmatic figure from Jessica’s past, Kilgrave’s reappearance will send shock waves through the former superhero’s world.
The 13-part series Marvel’s Jessica Jones airs on Netflix on 20 November 2015.
For more details on: