Spring 2013 Release For Tree Fu Tom Toys And Merchandise

Tree Fu Tom - Wishful Thinking   Pic: CBeebies / FME

Yesterday, it was announced that there will soon be a range of Tree Fu Tom toys to accompany the hit BBC children’s series. This morning, early details of more Tree Fu Tom merchandise has been revealed as details are released of six further licensing deals that have been struck between producers FremantleMedia Enterprises and their partners for products in the UK and Eire. An article on the licensing.biz website also indicates that the first official merchandise will start to appear from spring and summer 2013 when the toys, books and apparel will launch. Other items will appear in the autumn.

New items announced today include a clothing range, bags, bedroom accessories and tableware. There is also a four-year deal with Random House Children’s Publishers to produce a range of books: we gave pre-order details yesterday.

The full Licencing.biz article reads:

FME secures six deals as interest in new pre-school property soars.

FremantleMedia Enterprises has revealed a raft of new partners in the UK and Eire for its pre-school brand Tree Fu Tom.

Random House Children’s Publishers has signed up for publishing; Aykroyd and TDP are on board for children’s nightwear and underwear; Trade Mark Collections will produce bags, wallets and umbrellas; Spearmark has been chosen for lunchware, tableware, drinkware and lighting; Worlds Apart has bedroom and play accessories; while Character World has picked up bedroom textiles, furniture and accessories.

Under the four-year deal, RHCP has the publishing rights for all categories, apart from annuals.

The licensing programme will begin its full roll out next year with toys, publishing and apparel launching in spring/summer, followed by all other major categories in autumn/winter.

“Tree Fu Tom has been a huge hit on screen and the reaction from within the industry has been incredible,” said Pindy O’Brien, FME VP UK brand licensing and retail. “We are delighted to announce this prestigious set of new partners and look forward to working with them to develop a magical product range.”

Source: Licensees line up for Tree Fu Tom

Thanks to Blue-Zoo for the info. Blue-Zoo tweeted on Wednesday that work on the next series of Tree Fu Tom was nearly done. The animated series, featuring the voices of David Tennant and Sophie Aldred has proved to be a massive success for BBC kids’ channel CBeebies and fans are eagerly awaiting the new episodes.

31 comments for “Spring 2013 Release For Tree Fu Tom Toys And Merchandise

1. clare
    06/07/2012 at 5:22 PM

Hi my
    son loves tree fu tom hes asking for a outfit like hes with a magic belt and hola pack i think but belts got to light up hope you are making something like this just a shame its going to be 2013 till we start seeing tree fu tom products on sale, seems such a long time away hope ots sooner or i will have to hve a got to make one lol. Thankyou clare.

2. melanie
    16/07/2012 at 7:44 PM

tree fu tom is a hit now in the playground, shame I think the need for toys will die by 2013.
    I am already having make the belt and watch myself.

3. martyn hargreaves
    17/07/2012 at 9:25 AM

spring 2013 is too much of a wait , my 3 yeah old son loves tree fu tom , but I think by the time the toys are released the interest would have died off and kids will be in to something else

4. Claire
    04/08/2012 at 8:55 AM

would’ve been far better to get the toys out in time for christmas.

5. Claire
    05/08/2012 at 4:54 PM

It’s odd that no one predicted this would be a hit & there would be an instant need for merchandise. Bo on the go was similar – with the doing the moves things, but did not appeal to boys alike. Whereas this obviously does & the merchandise needs to be in place now. On one hand it’s good as parents can just say it’s not available so tuff & save their money. It’s also good that for once children have not instantly been pounced upon being shown more new things & led to want more new expensive things they dont need. But unless this is still on TV when the merchandise comes out, there may not be a market for it next year. My Daughter is 5 now & loves this, she wants all the stuff for her 6th Birthday in August 2012, she is very dissapointed when I tell her she can only have an unofficial cake topper & card. I fear she will be bored of tree fu tom by next year, just as well though – no doubt it will be more over priced novelty we just can’t afford!

6. Neil
    06/08/2012 at 1:44 PM

agree with other comments, my daughter wants the toys now !!

she will be into something else this time next year, so off to ebay for the fake stuff then (or get my mum to knit one like she has done with that eon add thingy).

7. lisa
    20/08/2012 at 7:17 AM

agree with all the comments.. by summer 2013 the need for these toys WILL die out, but if you start selling before christmas, it would mean HUGE PROFIT…especially for the outfit and glowing belt.. belt MUST be glowing…

8. Vic
    24/08/2012 at 4:44 PM

Agree with all the comments about the release date – it would be soooo much better if the toys (especially belt etc) was sold before Christmas. Our 2 yr old watches him now and loves him, so does his 5 yr old cousin…but next summer they will probably be into something else. Would be great if whoever was in charge of release dates could release some merchandise this side of christmas and make some little people very very happy on christmas day! Come on David Tennant – pull your finger out! ;)

9. Mandy
    31/08/2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi
    My 3 year old foster child loves tree fu Tom and wants the toys now!!
    It would be good if some toys are released before Christmas so he can take with him to his forever family in the new year.
    Please please !!

10. Bronagh
    04/09/2012 at 11:19 AM

i agree need these toys for christmas. whenever my 3 year old is asked what present he wants he immediately says tree fu tom. he does go through fazes so by spring next year it will be something else he’s looking for. manufacturers should cash in on the success now.

11. Michelle
    05/09/2012 at 11:42 AM

My four yr old boy is obssessed with tree fu tom watches it religiously it’s the only thing he is really into, he wants his watch and belt and I know when Xmas is approaching they are going to be the toys that he wants…vsurely it makes sence to produce these toys now so all the little kids that are so into this can have them for Xmas. How can you tell a four yr old they have to wait a year before they can have any of the toys to the favourite tv programme??? Please re look into release date!!!!!!

12. heidi
    10/09/2012 at 4:20 PM

my 2 year oldboy is mad on tree fu tom,i think next summer is way too long too wait i was hoping the toys would av been out for christmasx

13. Nikki
    13/09/2012 at 12:48 PM

Pleeeeeease get something out for Christmas or you’re going to ruin Father Christmas’ reputation! Surely you can get an action man type doll out dressed as tree fu Tom and a cape and belt. Parents are counting on you!

14. Clare
    15/09/2012 at 4:31 PM

My five year old son has informed me he wishes to be called Tom now hes that obsessed with Tree Fu Tom, would love to get a outfit for Christmas and a utility belt we are SKY plus’ing all the episodes. I have done a DIY job at the moment with a pair of long johns and cut off gloves etc but not quite the same, I agree to capture the market a range needs to be out this winter – fingers crossed!

15. Dionne
    18/09/2012 at 3:07 PM

I agree, my son turns 2 in October and loves Tree fu Tom, and yet i can not purchase anything official for his birthday or indeed for Christmas., my 6 year old daughter is attempting to make the belt etc ready for his birthday.

16. DT Forum
    18/09/2012 at 3:28 PM

You will probably all be happy to learn that a DVD is now available for pre-order with a limited edition Tom toy and will be released in October. Details are here:

17. mrs jaime graves
    19/09/2012 at 9:41 AM

Already pre ordered the dvd but my 4 year old is obsessed with tree fu tom. Had to disapoint him on his birthday in april cos nothing was available but was sure it would be by christmas. Please please please look into release date again im sure it would be in ur favour to get merchandise out before xmas!!!! God knows how im gonna explain theres still nothing available ???

18. kelly
    21/09/2012 at 4:50 PM

i totally agree, my buy keeps asking for tree fu tom toys and the toys you get in the magazines just arent enough. they should have been produced a couple of months before christmas as they would of sold loads. my son is 3 and he loves the programme but as bronagh said he will be infatuated in something totally different by this time next year he just wont be interested in it anymore. really they should of got a move on and got them sorted months ago as they are going to lose a lot of money by waiting till next year!!

19. Dean - Computer Repair
    23/09/2012 at 7:55 PM

I am looking for tree fu tom curtains wall paper pictures lampshade etc
    is stuff like this available

20. Emily
    24/09/2012 at 1:20 PM

My little boy absolutely loves tree fu Tom! And he has asked Santa for the toys for Christmas! He is going to be such a disappointed little boy and so will all the other children that are waiting for them! I think it’s absolutely disgusting that the toys are ot coming out until next year! Considering the program has been out for so long! Children will just lose interest without the toys! Something needs to be done sooner!

21. Zoe
    25/09/2012 at 5:49 PM

Hi I am in the same situation my 2 year old loves tree fu Tom and does the moves but yet no toys or anything are available I think most parents would appreciate if they could at least do an outfit and belt and other bits that go with outfit in time for Christmas I think that would make a big difference and keep their minds occupied until games books and toys come out please have a ee think and at least release a costume in time for this Christmas we still have just over 2 months

22. Jojo
    29/09/2012 at 10:30 PM

Am off to make a glowing belt!!!
    Have waited long enough – thought toys etc were meant to be released late summer and now seeing these posts regarding 2013 release I may as well get making and save a few ££s! If I make one I won’t be buying that’s for sure!!

23. Denise
    30/09/2012 at 7:22 AM

I agree with all these comments,please bring something out for christmas

24. sarah
    12/10/2012 at 8:22 PM

I ASK MY FOUR YEAR OLD BOY WHAT HE WOULD LIKE SANTA TO BRING HIM AND ALL HE SAYS IS TREE FU TOM, I AM SO DISAPPOINTED (NEVERMIND HIM) THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO GET HIM WHAT HE WANTS FOR CHRISTMAS, I THINK THIS IS VERY BAD PLANNING FROM THE MANUFACTURERS AND THERE IS GOING TO BE ALOT OF SAD LITTLE FACES ON DECEMBER 25TH THIS YEAR.

25. Michelle
    26/10/2012 at 8:37 PM

I am also very disappointed as my 3yr old thinks he is Tree Fu Tom and I wanted to get him the toys for christmas. How can you leave it so long to bring the toys out after showing it on tv? Surely you realise christmas isn’t far away and many people would want them?

26. DT Forum
    27/10/2012 at 9:50 AM

While we appreciate that you have taken time to comment on our page, please be aware that as an unofficial fansite we have absolutely no influence on when these products are released. You would be much better directing specific complaints to the BBC or to FremantleMedia Enterprises who actually make the show.

27. Narelle Black
    28/10/2012 at 9:01 PM

My son also loves Tree Fu Tom and I can’t believe there are no toys/costumes out. I agree with everyone else, by next year it will be no good. I too am off to e bay to try and get someone to make the costume for me or might even attempt myself. It is a shame , a lot of money could have been made this xmas.

28. Leah
    05/11/2012 at 11:59 AM

It is a shame that for my sons birthday and for christmas I will not be able to give him something that will truly bring the biggest smile to his face, however both of us will be happy to wait and buying it all, I agree children go through phrases however my son has been watching tom and the gang pretty much all day everyday since the begining and his love for it has not deminished, not even a little. (my enthuasium has slipped a little though lol)
    Tree Fu Tom is an excellent well executed programme that has been teaching my son excellent values, speech, and cordination skills. Thank you for making a show that ticks all the right boxes, we will patiently wait the arrival of toys, games, costumes, books, etc

29. Diane
    17/11/2012 at 7:12 PM

My son love Tree Fu Tom, and I think that the release of this merchandise in 2013 is missing a great opportunity here. Kids and Parent want Tree Fu Tom Items but can’t buy them. Wouldn’t it make more sence to release it for christmas!

30. stel
    23/11/2012 at 11:25 AM

my boys would love tree fu tom stuff for christmas, why wait till next year to release the stuff???

31. Harriet
    31/08/2013 at 7:31 AM

Does anyone know when the tree fu Tom curtains come out? I have the bedding, so now it looks odd without the curtains!